Thread
Printable Version

DOES ANYONE LIKE THE NEW SITE? VOTE NOW!

DOES ANYONE LIKE THE NEW SITE? VOTE NOW!

It's been a full week now since the new site design was introduced, and despite a torrent of commentsnothing has been done to address the problems. Most users have been patient and super courteous with their suggestions. But polite respect has not resulted in any improvements. To distill the comments down to the most important issues, we have the following:

1)  refer black background with white lettering

2)  Return to the essential "recent updates" list with the "more" button leading to the "last 50 updated episodes" page

3)  More extensive  viewing logs with a "search" function and which don't bloat up with repeated entries every time you hit 'pause"

4)  season/episode + title indicators when watching an episode to end the guessing game as to where you are in the season

5)  Make up your mind; is this a Movie site or a TV site? Combining the two creates impossible clutter

LBJedward, your obsession with smartphone users ignores the fact that most users are viewing on laptop, desktop or larger iPod-type devices. To achieve your smartphone objective, you have abandoned and betrayed the far greater number of users who, quite honestly, couldn’t care less about watching TV or movies on a telephone. If the computer vs smartphone incompatibility is so great, wouldn’t it make more sense to create a separate site for small-screen users rather than destroy the proven functionality for everyone else? This new format’s tools won’t even allow you to implement a “forum” button. The much loved, user friendly, fully functional ‘old’ VIPTV user interface is clearly superior to what we are now burdened with.

If you had presented us with a site upgrade which improved performance and usability, we would all be cheering you on with glowing comments and rave reviews. As you may have noticed, this has not been the case. Having read all the postings since the changeover, I’ve yet to find any positive comments. None! Just an endless train of polite suggestions for improvements. But let’s face it, lbjEdward, the length of time it will take to re-code this new UI to implement all those improvements and approach the refined elegance of the old site…well, it may outlast the patience of your users. If I were a first-time visitor to the new site, I would probably feel frustrated confusion, lose interest quickly and surf on. Besides, the webpage looks like an amateur undertaking. Your vast content library remains unseen, buried beneath the rubble of a chaotic, non-intuitive interface. But I suppose we can all take heart that it looks better on a telephone. Admit it– this is an experiment, and we, the users, remain the lab rats forced to bear the consequences.

Why don’t you give us a concrete time estimate as to just how long we must wait for this UI to regain the features we loved but have lost? Be honest with us, please. Don’t just solicit suggestions, implement them. But always keep in mind the overwhelming advantages of a roll-back to the previous site format, the user-preferred ‘old’ VipTV. Down the road, once you actually have an “improved” (and de-bugged) product for us to use, we can look at upgrading the system.

Move us forward, Edward, not backwards.   

Reply 1#1 mrtimdillenbeck's post

if you think changes will happen in a week you really don't know how this place operates it will takes months to implement changes . They will not give you time-line look how they implement these changes with less than 2 week notice. They been working on this for months without our feedback. As for the site i like it, it's nice having 1 place for Movies and TV Shows i don't like visiting  two different website. White background isn't that bad took me 2 days get used to it. You become lazy i have no problem finding episodes that are updated .

Any TV show fan will take the effort to learn how to use a site.

Apart from the minor UX fixes needed, I like the new site look. I love having movies and TV on the same site.

The design fixes are going to take weeks, if not months to test and implement. As they say Rome wasn't built in a day.

They needed to move to a more touch/mobile driven site design (this doesn't mean strictly mobile phones) and I don't have a problem with this even though I am a desktop power user. As someone who is studying and has dabbled in digital design for years I see their reasoning.

I am actually dismayed by the abject rudeness some people have shown. Just because people aren't tech savvy enough to figure out how to work a dumbed down webdesign doesn't give them the right to be nasty and take that out on everyone who frequents this site and has to put up with their nastiness. Sure there are problems with the new site, but at least feedback was asked for and adults should be able to give constructive advice without resorting to angry and inciting posts that serve no purpose other than being hateful
[ Last edited by woothdye at 10-28-2016 07:04 ]
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Reply 3#3 woothdye's post

Well said mate but i think touch screen laptop are future . Anyone who has old laptop are you experience problem with flash player i have noticed when i try running various flash site together at same time it slow the browser some freezes the picture few seconds before contiue playing. i never had this problem before as i only run two flash site which is this and youtube. Since the upgrade i noticed a lag in flash player on my laptop.

Reply 4#4 bala's post

There are touchscreen laptops. They are becoming very popular along with 2 in 1 devices. I believe that the site is no longer flash but html5. The html5 file format is larger and takes up more RAM than flash files and this would account for some lag if you have limited RAM
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Reply 5#5 woothdye's post

Yes I have seen them advertised. Touch screens seems to cost more than normal version

Agreed

I agree with most of your comments. I think it would be a good idea to revert to the old site until the new design changes can be implemented. If we have to spend more more money for less functionality and wait months for the improvements, I along with many others will simply look for other sites. 

We are consumers. This is a business. They shouldn't make changes that send things backwards without a proxy or sample site up first for user feedback.  Coming from a development background, these are not major enhancements that will take months - at least the latest 50 updated list can be implemented quickly. 

I would just really appreciate 3 things (2 of which you mentioned)

Return to the essential "recent updates" list with the "more" button leading to the "last 50 updated episodes" page 

More extensive viewing logs with a "search" function and which don't bloat up with repeated entries every time you hit 'pause" 

And to have the option to pop out my player which I would always do!

Reply 8#8 olia's post

If you haven't already, you should actually post suggestions in this thread, set up by Admin. Your thoughts are much more likely to be taken into consideration there, since LBJ can't read every thread posted about the changes.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

My vote on new site

I just want to say first of all, I appreciate everything VIPTV.NET does to provide programming and the way customers are treated give or take small issues from time to time...How ever... I am not a fan of the new additions/deletions that took place. I believe Movies and TV should be separated somehow and return to the black background with brightly colored text. So, My votes are for the most part... #1 #2 and I have to agree with #5 To have a Movie site would be great but combining the two is very confusing and frustrating. Still, over all VIPTV.net is a really great site and I am grateful that it exists.
Things Change

Thank you for putting the episode # on the latest updated TV show!  It is much appreciated!

CLOSED

I am closing this thread. Please feel free to post your thoughts about the changes in this thread. Thank you.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Thread