Heroes GN link

Since the show is on hiatus and so are the quizzes for a while, I thought I'd start a thread with a link to the graphic novels. This week's installment is entitled: Elle's First Assignment (part 1). Feel free to post your comments about the GNs here.
Comments(161)

Chapter 106: Resistance Apparently, Peter morphs from uncle to villain right befor Claire's eyes. Can't wait to read it, but I'll have to. I'm too tired to read it tonight.

Chapter 107: Doyle Learn more about the creepy guy that Meredith went to see.

Chapter 108: Sum Quod Sum (Part 1) I'm still reading it so all I know is that it's about Elle.

Chapter 109: Sum Quod Sum (Part 2) Last week's GN was very good and lead well into this week's episode. I'm still loading the new one, but it should help fill some of the gaps.

oh man i'm so behind on these! i don't even remember the last one I read! i need to catch up ASAP!

Reply 106#106 imarielle626's post
There's still a few I haven't read from when I was offline, but since the season started they have been really good in fleshing out some of the characters. Worth the pain in the butt load time - even with dial-up.

Reply 107#107 waterlilybarb's post
i just caught up. So it wasn't so many I had missed. I'm glad we get to see a little more insight into some of the characters. I liked the one with Elle. It seems she tried really hard to try and get her powers under control, but just couldn't so her decision to just get rid of her powers doesn't seem so impulsive anymore.

Chapter 110: Viewpoints I haven't time to read it now (but it's about Sylar), but here's your weekly dose of Heroes for all you fans bummed because there was no new episode this week.

Chapter 111: Playing with Fire I haven't read it yet. But it does look pretty awesome! LOL

Reply 110#110 roca's post
it just gives us a little backround info on meredith and flint...nothing special we just see some insight into their past

Chapter 112: Partners It's a little bit more insight into Meredith. She's becoming a more fleshed out character. I'm glad they're doing this with the GNs.

Chapter 113: The Caged Bird Nice back story on Daphne.

is it just me or do some of the GNs seem shorter than they used to? Hmm nevermind the one on Daphne seems longer... Anyway ch.112-this one seemed too short, though the interaction between HRG and Meredith about Claire is interesting. Ch.113-reminds me a bit of Forrest Gump. After learning about Daphne's secret in the episode, this GN was a nice filler to give a bit more information on her back story.

Reply 114#114 imarielle626's post
Funnily, I thught the same thing - that Daphne's story reminded me of Forrest Gump. I actually said aloud as I was reading, "Run, Daphne, run." As for the length of the GNs, some have been shorter than I would like, though even the short ones tend to provide a little more insight into some of our characters.

Chapter 114: The Caged Bird - Part 2 A little more of Daphne's story.

Reply 116#116 waterlilybarb's post
this was one of those shorter ones =( i kept on hitting next page but it wasn't loading, then i realized it said "The End".

Reply 117#117 imarielle626's post
I've done that MANY times. It was short, but gave a little more insight into Daphne's character.

Chapter 115: Truths This is a short one and gives a bit of insight into Arthur's motives. I still find him (and Angela, for that matter) to be very arrogant and rather creepy.

Reply 119#119 waterlilybarb's post
so in the GN Arthur is compared to Kaito, but the one big difference between the two is that though both thought their sons were going to be too weak to be powerful, when Hiro probed Kaito wrong, Kaito accepted him and their relationship changed. When Peter proved Arthur wrong nothing changed. I really dislike Arthur, though I wish he was still alive just so he could restore Hiro and Peter's abilities

Reply 120#120 imarielle626's post
I found it interesting how they compared Kaito & Arthur too. I think one of the main differences in the two men was the women in their lives. Though Kaito's wife died when Hiro was young, she was a good woman who saw good in her son, and encouraged her husband to do the same. It took a long time, but eventually Kaito did see that she was right about their son. Arthur, on the other hand, had Angela. She's talked about how much she loves her sons, but in the end, she and Arthur were more alike than not. I'm glad Arthur is dead, though I wish HE had been the one to return Peter's ability.

Post Comment
This blog was closed or you do not have permission to post comment.