Heroes GN link

Since the show is on hiatus and so are the quizzes for a while, I thought I'd start a thread with a link to the graphic novels. This week's installment is entitled: Elle's First Assignment (part 1). Feel free to post your comments about the GNs here.
Comments(161)

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post
Is it me or does that sound like Arthur has some sort of healing or regeneration power??? It's great to see Eden back... even if it's just in the GN p/s I'm not around as much lately as I sent my comp in for servicing... hopefully it'll be fixed soon...

Reply 2#2 roca's post
It's not just you...it definitely sounds like Arthur had some type of ability. That doesn't jibe with the whole backstory though. Maybe it was referring to how powerful he was in The Company. I really liked seeing Eden again too...I thought exactly the same thing as you when I read the GN. And, is it just me, or did Claire have some large bosoms in that GN? Hayden isn't that busty. They definitely took some artistic liberties their. BTW, I hope your computer is back to you in full working order soon. That must be a bummer.

Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post
Hahaa I didn't noticed her big bosoms until you point them out. I have to say it's interesting to find out that the company and Elle has been monitoring Claire all along... and isn't Elle like 10 years older than Claire? (Ok Elle looks 10 years older to me) I wonder how she managed to blend in as a high school student. LOL Yes I hope my comp is fixed soon too... I'm kinda jinxed with comp this year...

Reply 4#4 roca's post
I'm pretty sure Elle and Claire are either the same age or around the same age. They are both teenagers. As far as Arthur Petrelli's power goes, if we follow the notion that similar powers are passed through generations (like Matt and his father having similar powers) then it could make sense that Claire got her regeneration ability from Arthur Petrelli, who would be her biological grandfather. Although not all kids and parents have the same or similar powers so this isn't always true. I hope they reveal the powers of the 12 elders in these GNs since they have yet to do so in the show. I really want to know what Kaito and Angela's powers were/are.

Reply 5#5 imarielle626's post
Elle is in her 20's...the wiki says 24, which would make her about 6 years older than Claire. I know plenty of people in their 20's who could pass for teenagers, so I think she could get away with it unnoticed. As for Arthur, the backstory in the GNs had him and Linderman in Vietnam. He didn't have an ability then, but he and Linderman were close. I'd be surprised if he did have an ability based on what we already know. As for kids having similar powers to their parents, it's not the case all the time. Micah's ability is far different from either of his parents. I, too, hope they reveal the abilities of the older generation soon.

Reply 6#6 waterlilybarb's post
Here's the link to Elle's First Assignment (part 2). Enjoy, and then come back and share your thoughts.

Interesting GN. I liked how it ended the same way the first part began, like the Hatian wiping out their memory created a sort of de ja vu. Now we know how HRG saw the tapes of Claire. We didn't learn much else from the GN, but HRG sure did a good job at keeping Claire from the company. It's like he was everywhere!

Reply 8#8 imarielle626's post
He certainly did! He's definitely a "Big Brother" figure...especially when it comes to his Claire-Bear. I liked the ending too. It tied the story up nicely, and explained why Elle didn't really know Claire when they met on the show.

The new GN is out. Check it out! Chapter 65-Normal Lives

All I really have to say about this GN is "you can take the man out of the company, but you can never take the company out of the man!" But we knew this about HRG already.

Reply 11#11 imarielle626's post
Thanks for adding the link Arielle. I just read it myself. Looks like they're gearing us up for "Villains", by showing us another baddie (even though he won't be around). And I have to agree with you about HRG...he's a "Company Man" to the core.

Here's the link to The Ten Brides of Takezo Kensai. It's a cool take on what he would be thinking of while buried alive...and gives us an inkling that he'll be back for "Villains".

Reply 13#13 waterlilybarb's post
Thanks for the link... i forgot to check the Heroes site today to see if it was put up. I'll be back in a few with my thoughts on the GN

Reply 13#13 waterlilybarb's post
The one thing that struck me about this GN, besides his "new bride", is that of all his wives, he only truly loved 1. That's sad, but it shows he does have a capacity for good somewhere inside, and maybe...just maybe...it can be reached again. I'm terribly curious as to who his new bride is, since he says she will find him. Obviously she has an ability. Is he forward in time, and married to an adult Molly, or is there a new "hero" on the horizon that can find our 400 year old man?

It is interesting how he pretty much lived his life from one wife to the next. I guess being immortal gets lonely, having to restart your life from scratch every couple of decades and all. It is also interesting that he carries around a spare ring along with his past rings. Ambitious much? I was thinking the same thing about his wife that he truly loved. From Kensei to Adam, we didn't see much of a personality change except for the fact that his intensions for his actions as Adam are evil while as Kensei they were just for money and fame. I didn't think he really did have the capability for compassion and love, but this GN proved me wrong. At least during his 400 years of life he was able to find the one true love and was able to be with her for so many years. She is the only one who found out about his ability who wasn't scared away. It's amazing what true love will do to you. As for his next bride...Molly is an interesting thought. One that did not cross my mind until reading your post. I am curious to find out who she may be. Maybe her ability is some kind of telepathy (and now after typing that i suddenly remember we already have/had 2 characters with telepathy-Parkman and his father so they probably won't go that way).

Reply 16#16 imarielle626's post
Someone that I was just thinking of is Kimiko Nakamura. It's highly possible that she has an, as yet, unspecified ability. And, it would be Adam's ultimate revenge on Kaito if he married his daughter. I'm really glad that these GNs are tying in to what the next chapter is about. At least we're not left completely hanging. I can't wait until this strike is over, so we can know what happens next. I just hope we won't have to wait until September to find out.

Reply 17#17 waterlilybarb's post
Kimiko Nakamura is actually a very good guess. I agree she probably has an ability as it has shown that children of parents with abilities also develop abilities (although we are unsure if Kaito really had an ability). She is also the only logical female character who would end up in the grave yard because both her parents are buried there. I think we might just have a winner

Richard Sanders was one of Kaitos former names.......I am curious as to whether this will tie in later (Origins?) with a Nikki/Jessica angle? Of course I still think Adam is the ancestor of all of them....hello?? Adam? lol Plus now that we know about his wives.... We have many nationalities/ethnic groups possibly descended from him. [ Last edited by silver1978 at 1-4-2008 16:26 ]

Reply 19#19 silver1978's post
Good thought, silver! I thought Richard Sanders sounded like a familiar name, I forgot about Niki. It's highly possibly he was an ancestor, though I don't think he was the ancestor to all. One of the other GNs had him meet a fellow who could clone himself during the Revolutionary War. Come to think of it, it is possible that he was the forefather of Evan too. It should prove interesting, when we finally find out the truth.

Here's a link to the latest installment: The Golden Goose. You'll notice it's about our mysterious friend, Richard Drucker. Please feel free to join in the conversation about him here.

Post Comment
This blog was closed or you do not have permission to post comment.